Thursday, October 15, 2009

More and Better

Thursday, Oct 15, 2009
As you can see, my blog is more about things that are of concern to me than of events of my life. Maybe this is boring to some, but I feel driven to bring up things that bother me, and hopefully come up with ideas for resolution. That is why I am using some of the text of my book and also some of my off the wall comments that relate to the book, which really means relating to what is going on today.
Things of Concern covers ten significant subjects that threaten mankind’s survival. I mean survival with a capital S, and that means the human race at risk. Each chapter presents subject material that leaders and politicians speak loudly to, but for which none seem able to obtain either consensus or resolution.
Subject matter includes global terrorism, global conflict, WMD, and the world economy. I discuss each with regard to cause, impact, and potential resolution. Local, national, and world issues are presented, as well as what can be done to eliminate these conditions. Education in all areas of the world is pivotal in catalyzing resolution, in generating perspective, in creating opportunity, in combating ignorance, in offering a ladder towards rational behavior.
I discuss societal issues, starting with the environment, relative to each country and to the world, and impact of change. I also present the impact on society of drugs and drug proliferation, and what can be done to resolve this. Then the ubiquitous societal issues associated with pregnancy, birth, old age and death. Finally, the hit parade is rounded out with illegal immigration, and national emergencies. These relate both to individual countries and to any form of world society. Once again, education is a major factor in offering a long-range perspective as part of the arsenal to combat these issues.

In all of these items, I recognize that change must include careful planning prior to implementation- this means introducing the problem, offering a right solution, and presenting a gradual implementation plan.
After presenting issues and opinions on these items, the manuscript offers proposals for resolution of each item, and then pulls like items together into overall plans. Key to resolution is the methods applied towards the education of the young, and what and how this should be instituted.
Joe G.

No comments:

Post a Comment